Friday, April 22, 2011

Mars::Love at First Sight

Version:: Mars
“Do you believe in Love at first sight?”
She asked me detached and with such casual shrug that I wondered if she can read my mind. Have I been staring at her so long to have lost track of time. How long it has been that I have been trying to figure out the colour of her eyes. It’s brown for sure. No wait its 'honey'!!
“You did not answer me. Do you?”
“Ah what? Love?” I gave a quirky smile. “Who does these days? It’s so filmy isn’t it? Why don’t you order something?” Gosh am I rambling??
“Hmmm you are right. It’s so filmy. But I think it can happen to anyone anywhere. Like you know my sister saw this guy in her class and fell in love. Of course it did not happen suddenly but it happened eventually. You know.”
I don’t know anything you know. Don’t even know what actually you call love. Ummm it’s definitely honey kept in a white plate out in the sun.
“What can I say? Love happens when you are a teenager. After that whoosh!!!” I was making gestures in air. Ohk so I am being dramatic in front of this super crisp girl. What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I carry out a grown up conversation??“You meet, you take time to know each other and you just like each other I guess. I don’t know how a person can fall in “Love” ..ahhh its so so filmy”
Our order came and I couldn’t help but just notice the curve of her lips as she took first sip of some fruity blast. Her eyes were down as if concentrating at the bottom of the glass. A lock of hair brushing against her cheek and the tiny frost vapours at the rim of the glass. I wish I was a painter. Does she know she looks like this?
A bite of sandwich just melting into her mouth and she said, “I guess you are right. I am still to grow up I guess. I still believe in love at first sight you know. I mean it may or may not work out at the end but love is love right?”
God!! Am I supposed to answer that? Of course love is love but do you even know that I am already head over heel in love with you. Do you see love can happen like this sitting across each other, in some café? When there is no violin playing in background to tell you that you are in love. I am going crazy looking at you dusting bread crumbs from your finger. Would you, in your sane mind, call this love?
Her tone was a little angry, little sad and little disappointed; I guess, when she said, “uff you speak so less. You don’t have anything to say?”
I gave that quirky smile again. A shrug which I thought would shake off my nervousness. “ Arre nothing like that. I was listening to you. I am a good listener”.
She smiled. She actually smiled at me. “That’s a very rare trait to find in a guy”
Does that mean you like that? You like me? I really should speak lesser if she likes that. She smiled at me, a genuine smile. She does like me. And its honey for sure… her eyes I mean. Would she mind if I told her that?
“You’ve got beautiful eyes” it was out before I could control myself. Damn damn she must be thinking I am flirting with her.
“Oh thank you” here came the smile again with that the flutter of her eye lashes. Does she know she looks like this when she does that? Would she do that again?
Why isn’t she looking at me? Is she trying to read something in what I said? Ohh her lips again. I need to defocus. Zoom out man. I should say something smart before she thinks I am a big time flirt, fool stupid person. “so you like cheese sandwich?” Yeah right that was a smart question. What’s wrong with me? I mentally slapped myself at this point.
“I love cheese. There is nothing called too much cheese. The more, the better.”
She smiled and then just pushed the plate away. “I am full. Can’t have more. You haven’t even touched your salad. Not good?”
“It’s good. Don’t know.. I feel full too.” Why did I order salad in the first place?
“Let’s go then. I guess only the two of us are left in the cafe. It’s getting late”
Really? It’s that late? Already? But hey I haven’t said anything. There is so much I want to ask you. Honey honey honey… it IS honey. Does she know that? She looks a little lost. Would she come out with me again if I asked her just now? “ Hmmm I’ll ask for bill” I did. Damn that waiter was just hovering as if waiting for a cue to enter the stage. Take as much time as you want in getting the bill please.
“So what are you doing tomorrow?”
“Lets see.. Its Monday so office and home I guess” this time she gave a nervous smile.
“hmmm Monday. Weekend over huh!!” I shrugged again. She knows that the weekend is over. Ask her for the next weekend or any goddamnday you fool.
“I know… so fast isn’t it?!!!
The waiter came. I was making payment and she was looking at something on the wall at her side. I could see her side profile. She was playing with her ring. Why is she looking so lost? She didn’t enjoy the evening. How would she? I haven’t been much of…ahhh anything anyways. Oh God it’s like honey shining on a spoon in the sun. Does she know that? She is smiling. Goodbye smile? Damn the curve of her lips. Which fruity blast she had? Definitely suits her. What is she thinking? “tell me please tell me”
We got up and started walking towards the door. I was walking just a step behind her. It looked like she needed something to hold in her hands. Girls always have something in their hand. How about my hand? My fingers interlocked with yours!!! Honey!!!

Coming soon... Version:: Venus

2 comments:

  1. oooo...so sweet...m sure gal must be thinking why this jerk is not saying wats in his heart...m sure gal too like him....so waiting for the next blog HONEY....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P yeah gal is doing some serious thinking right now ;)... just wait till i post it.

    ReplyDelete