Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Venus::Love at First Sight

Version:: Venus

(do read Version::Mars before or after this post to get the complete Picture. http://ritzdreamer27.blogspot.com/2011/04/marslove-at-first-sight.html)

“Do you believe in Love at first sight?”

I had to be that stupid? Of course no guy in this world believes in love. Love is for moonstruck teenagers. C’mon now tell me that on my face that I am stupid and kiddish.

He smiled. A sweet, electrifying smile. He must be laughing at me. Look at that smile. Yeah I am sure he thinks I am just like every other girl. Now he would tell me that I need to grow up. I really had to ask him that? Why can’t I just sit silently? Damn his smile!!!

“You did not answer me. Do you?”

“Ah what? Love?” He is still smiling, I made a mental note. “Who does these days? It’s so filmy isn’t it? Why don’t you order something?”

We haven’t? I thought we did already. I am loosing my mind. Few minutes in his company and I am diving deep into his eyes. What’s wrong with me? He has such a magnetic smile. He knows that. He knows the effect it has on me. This guy can read me inside out. Ah!! I wish I had a safety blanket to just disappear into.

Am I the only grown up on this planet to sound so stupid and ask a man about love on the 2nd date? Look he is still smiling. He finds it amusing that I sound so silly. He has an infectious smile. An intriguing curve of the lips, that lit up his eyes. Ohh damn those eye, like it can read my mind. This man really has an effect on every single woman I bet. “Hmmm you are right. It’s so filmy. But I think it can happen to anyone anywhere. Like you know my sister saw this guy in her class and fell in love. Of course it did not happen suddenly but it happened eventually. You know.”

Damn I am discussing my family with him. How long have I known him? 48 hrs and I am discussing my family. Guys freak out if you talk about family!! I really should keep my mouth shut.

“What can I say? Love happens when you are a teenager. After that whoosh!!!” “You meet, you take time to know each other and you just like each other I guess. I don’t know how a person can fall in “Love” ..ahhh its so so filmy”

I should have seen this coming. So he thinks I am a drama queen. Filmy?? I guess I am but he wasn’t supposed to know that. Does he know that I imagine myself when I see a song. He is still looking at me. Waiting for me to say something?Damn those eyes. It has a pull, gravity and a charisma. Its almost like I am drowning. God I need to concentrate. I need to be in control.

Our order came and he wasn’t even bothered about his food. Salad?? Really? Intriguing!!! Good.. now rest of the evening I can ponder over deciphering the code ‘salad’. Is he hinting I should be concerned about my weight and eat healthy food? My fruit blast is healthy right. I shouldn’t gulp it down in one go. He is still looking at me. I hope he doesn’t judge me by the choice of my food.

I should just agree with whatever he says. He wouldn’t be judgmental that way. “I guess you are right. I am still to grow up I guess. I still believe in love at first sight you know. I mean it may or may not work out at the end but love is love right?” That was smart. He should agree with this. It gives him both the options. Huh I am not making any sense to myself and I expect him to say something on that. Damn damn!!! But he can say something to make me feel less uncomfortable right? Anything!!

I am so irritated with myself. How can he make me so uncomfortable? “uff you speak so less. You don’t have anything to say?”

Here came the smile again with a casual shrug to unnerve me? “ Arre nothing like that. I was listening to you. I am a good listener”.

That’s cute. That’s impossible to find. Men just talk and talk and talk.. so there exists another breed of men who can actually listen? I smile inwardly with the idea “That’s a very rare trait to find in a guy”

“You’ve got beautiful eyes” He said with that super cute smile.

“Oh thank you” that’s enough I don’t need to flutter my eyes. It was like a reflex.. before I could stop it I had done it. Shit he must be thinking I am flirting with him. A nice compliment about eyes and I had to behave like that.

“so you like cheese sandwich?” he asked me with yet another smile.

Thank you for changing the subject. Can he actually read my mind? He knows that I am on live wire?

“I love cheese. There is nothing called too much cheese. The more, the better.”

No really, what’s wrong with me? Now he will think I am some food frenzy. I hog on cheese. Damage control time.. I had to push away the plate. “I am full. Can’t have more. You haven’t even touched your salad. Not good?”

It’s good. Don’t know.. I feel full too.”

He doesn’t like my company at all. He couldn’t even finish a salad? Why can’t I be little fun to be with. I shouldn’t torture him more.“Let’s go then. I guess only the two of us are left in the cafe. It’s getting late”

“ Hmmm I’ll ask for bill”

No. Please don’t. I want to sit like this forever. Even if we don’t speak for the eternity, I just want to see you smile.

“So what are you doing tomorrow?”

“Lets see.. Its Monday so office and home I guess” I shouldn’t even dream that he wants to spend the rest of the evening with me. He is asking about tomorrow because I am not there in his tomorrow.

“hmmm Monday. Weekend over huh!!”

It is. But there are other weekends to come. Should I dare to wait for your call? God I don’t want this night to end if this is the last time I am seeing you. “I know… so fast isn’t it?!!!

The waiter came. He was making payment and I couldn’t bear to look at him. Depart and all the insecurities with it, was poking me. I shouldn’t give it away. He can read my mind, see it in my eyes. So I was looking away, something on the wall. I knew he was looking at me. Trying to analyse how the evening went probably. Please tell me I have another chance. I wouldn’t act so stupid, I promise.

We got up and started walking towards the door. He was walking just a step behind. I could sense him, I could feel the pull to just stop and walk next to him. Hold on to his hand. How would it feel to lock my fingers with yours?!!! Just the thought had brought a smile on my face. God I wish I could just turn around and see him smile… just one more time.

2 comments:

  1. i found this really interesting... people have tried this before... i have liked some and hated some.. this one.. i really liked the most so far... keep them coming.... suggestion: next scene: next weekend - suddenly bumping into each other.. v filmy.. but give it complete innovative interpretaion.. always fun to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm interesting suggestion... next weekend we'll have venus here alright!!!

    ReplyDelete