Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reflection


May 2004… Long summer holidays and we decided to visit Delhi. Delhi was beautiful. Hot but Beautiful. Now when I try to recall that trip, first few things that come across my mind are Chhoti masi’s welcome hug, pic of mine admiring Rashtrapti Bhawan, in my new Red Ghaghra Skirt- Gifted by Dee…that me and my brother had played “Chiriya urdh” game on the train to Delhi and all the fellow passengers’ staring at our madness.

And I remember a painting on the wall of Chhote mama’s drawing Room.

Again during my On-job training 2005 and Dee’s wedding 2008, I had all the time to admire the painting…it was a painting of a European home (I guess) and its shadow in water.

What I really liked about the painting was how the reflection in water was portrayed so superbly in vivid colors. In natural paintings, closer to reality this kind of depiction is unreal….but just the splash of all green colours and the castle kind of home in between was so inspiring that if I had time then I would have copied it then and there.

Last year when I thought of painting something in portrait page set up, I thought of this painting. To add to the vividness of colours I thought of painting all the houses in different colours. This painting is just inspired and It is nowhere close to the original. May be next time when I visit Delhi I would carry my colours and canvas just to capture that magic on my paper.

This painting however May be an Indianised Version of my European Dream with my trademark Jhopras.

3 comments:

  1. nice work missy. perfect without flaws. would like to see more of something else. Were you really sleeping in that profile picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sumanth...perfect without flaws??? well perfection is still beyond my reach...but thank you.
    and was just dreaming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ritz.......dnt know but after reading your blogs i get to see what you actually wanted to say......that is the greatest thing a writer sholud have........his/her ideas should touch the heart of those who read them......great waiting for ur next blog......:)

    ReplyDelete