Friday, March 12, 2010

Papa's pen and my Painting


There is no story behind this sketch….

However, it does remind me of my last vacation…. Jan-Feb 2006 during my MSc…when I started this sketch…I was home...relaxed and lots of time to kill. One evening, I was practicing my signature and I started this sketch with my papa’s signature pen…a gel pen…

Two houses on top right, then two on left bottom…and it was my time to head back to B’lore…I tried looking for the same pen…couldn’t’ find it.

Few days back… I was on a spree to complete all my paintings…and thanks to my roomy (who brought me the pen)….

the sketch is complete…

Honestly, there is a huge mistake in this sketch. The distance-size factor is not proportional. The houses on the other side of the river are supposed to be much smaller. But I had started my painting from top right of the page and with a gel pen…so there is no scope for error correction…it was fun though to give depth and shadow effect with a gel pen…

With pencil, one can manipulate the darkness of the strokes with pressure and can always erase it if anything goes wrong…but with a pen...

I love this picture in spite of the mistake…and would try something again with the pen ….soon!!!

5 comments:

  1. hey ritz.....awsome......wonderful.......great......hmmmmmm.....ur blog is beyond these sweetu.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!!!! amazingly good!!!! keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  3. a boat cannot move upstream. and the stream is sloping towards the other bank. in that case, water would be all over the bank. try to correct that the next time

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sumanth... :) i know...and the boat is way tooo big for the stream...if you place two such boats you can walk across the stream....its pen so can not undo the mistakes!!!

    ReplyDelete